Sunstone®: Next-Generation Terrorism Analytics
Guy Carpenter’s unparalleled investment in terrorism analytics is the foundation of Sunstone. More than just a platform, Sunstone connects you with a dedicated terrorism advisory and analytics team of counter-terrorism experts with real field experience, threat experts, blast engineers, sophisticated modelers, business professionals—and a team dedicated to global terrorism target maintenance and enhancement.
Sunstone is the industry’s most advanced web-based platform for managing and quantifying your terrorism risks.
This cutting-edge tool allows you to model terrorism exposures for property, business interruption, workers’ compensation and life. With both probabilistic and deterministic approaches, it quantifies the terrorism risk on a global basis, incorporates the attack types reflecting the real-world trend and provides an extremely granular view of scenario loss.
Key features were designed and developed based on the collaborative contributions from both insurance industry and terrorism experts, including:
- A terrorism model that truly is global, producing worldwide Annual Average Loss (AAL) and Probable Maximum Loss (PML) estimates
- A comprehensive group of attack types, including recent terror trends such as lone shooters and truck collisions
- Proprietary accumulation algorithms that capture hot spots missed by other terrorism models
- A target list of 600K+ for U.S. and 1M+ Globally
- Cityscape modeling that provides scenario loss with high accuracy